Music Lessons & vocal coaching for recording
Emilyn's teaching focuses on empowering students, building confidence and skills that carry over into other areas of life as well.
Adult students and parents of younger students alike have praised what they find to be a gentle, "therapeutic" approach to learning.
Emilyn coaches musicians of all ages through their first lessons, and helps more advanced students prepare for recording, live performances, and auditions.
She also offers in-studio vocal coaching during recording sessions.
With nearly two decades of teaching experience, she specializes in classical, musical theater, folk, country, and bluegrass styles, as well as music theory and composition.
Using the Estill Voice Training System, riotous wit and personal connection, classically-trained Emilyn relaxes students into their inherent musician and guides them as they hone technical skill and nurture creative growth.
EMILYN'S VOICE, PIANO, AND GUITAR TEACHING PROGRAM
Locations: Lyons studio, Boulder, or Skype
Students: Ages 6 through adult, beginner through advanced.
Through studying voice, piano, and/or guitar, students systematically learn to read music, understand music theory, improvise, compose, and develop personal musical expression.
Each student's ability increases through practice of a variety of music and exercises tailored to each individual.
Each student learns to value his or her growing abilities and to critically assess areas that need improvement, in a supportive environment. Increased confidence, creativity, self-sufficiency, and proficiency result.
Occasional group lessons, a children's music club, and performance opportunities build connections with others in the local music community.
**Scholarships are available for low income students.
- Emilyn Inglis holds a BA in Music from Oberlin College
- Ongoing training with the Estill Voice Training System
- Taught at Jarrow Montessori School in Boulder
- Taught at Front Range Community College
- Numerous recording projects
- Trained in classical, folk, bluegrass, Broadway, Celtic, ragtime, country styles using a variety of instruments: piano, voice, guitar, mountain dulcimer, fiddle, alto and soprano recorder, and clarinet.
- Performed solo and as part of the Ars Nova Singers, Redstone Bluegrass, Coyote Moon Duo, Ginger Roots Trio, Emilyn & The Redbeards, The Anne & Emilyn Project
CONTACT Emilyn for a complementary consultation.